Stamp-n-Knit

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Secret Pal 6 Questionnaire

Ahh...I am so very excited to be starting Round 6 of Secret Pals! Here is my questionnaire all ready to go! WOOHOO!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I wouldn't consider myself a yarn snob. I've only been knitting since January and before I "knew better" I purchased some Wal-Mart yarn. Now I shop primarily on line for handpainted yarns, but would LOVE to start dying yarn myself.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don't spin (except when dancing) and I only crochet along the edging of my knit sweaters.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) No allergies except to medications and I don't think my pal will be sending any antibiotics my way! :)

4. How long have you been knitting? Since January 2005. It was one of my New Year's Resolutions. I got a book, some needles and a skein of yarn and haven't stopped since (ask my kids!) My birthday is coming up (the big 3-0) and my 3 year old son told me he was going to get me yarn! LOL!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not yet! Edited 9/15/05 to read, "See above post containing wish list."

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Mmmm...I love scents of all kinds, however my new favorite is Cotton Blossom from Bath and Body Works.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? I thought ALL women were born with a sweet tooth! My favorites are Caramello, Smarties, Jelly Belly Jellybeans and anything with peanut butter!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator so I enjoy crafting cards and scrapbook pages. My family considers me VERY crafty. I used to do counted cross stitch, but now I'm more of an instant gratification girl!

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all sorts of music. My radio at work is set on a local country station, but I prefer not to "brand" myself with music. I'm not sure if my computer can play MP3s or not!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite color is purple, but I'm mostly drawn to earth tones. Brown, rust, yellows, greens, etc. Lately I've been drawn to pink too, though.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married to a wonderful man (and have been for seven + years). We have two beautiful children - a daughter that is 6 (first grader) and a son that is 3 (and a handful!) My hubby is a waterfowl hunter, so we have a black labrador and my daughter has a rat terrier.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) I have traveled some and lived in several states, but I would really like to do more traveling with my hubby. I'd like to see my kids grow up happy, well-adjusted and know that they are loved. I LOVE the beach, the mountains, and cruising to Alaska was one of the best trips I've ever taken!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Since I'm still a new knitter, I don't know. I've tried a bit of everything. My newest passion is felting bags. I don't get along with boucle at all, though.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? 100% acrylic. Acrylic blends aren't too bad, but I don't like the plastic-y feel of acrylic.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? As I said before, felting bags. My sister, step mom, and two sister-in-laws have all received at least one!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Tank sweaters, bags, scarves, and I would REALLY like to learn how to knit socks, but DPN's scare me!

17. What are you knitting right now? A burgundy and black purse to felt with black straps. I'm on the second strap now and it should be done by the weekend. I'm also working on Christmas presents!

18. What do you think about ponchos? I don't personally have any, but my daughter has several and she's adorable in them!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Either one, but most of my knitting lately is done on circulars.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I'm a huge Addi fan and also a fan of bamboo. I have tried the plastic and YUCK - do not get along with them.

21. Are you a sock knitter? In my dreams...I've got all the stuff - sock yarn, dpn's, patterns, just no hands on teacher and no guts.

22. How did you learn to knit? Taught myself from a book.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Hmm...a month or so.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Favorite animated character is Calvin from the old Calvin and Hobbs strip. My favorite animals are black labs. My whole house is decorated in labs and ducks.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Used to be my birthday until this year...now I'd have to say Christmas!

26. Is there anything that you collect? Besides yarn? LOL!

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None...yet!

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? I'd LOVE to have Purseonalities! And anything by Elizabeth Zimmerman. Oh...and the new Stitch N Bitch Nation. And Last Minute Knit Gifts. And the new book by the Yarn Harlot! HAHAHAHA!

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? Hmm...not particularly. I'm up for just about anything! Edited to add that I would really like the pattern for the Audrey sweater. I think it's just too pretty! :)

ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
I wear a ladies size 8 1/2 shoe and like fun, funky socks to wear with mules!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home