Stamp-n-Knit

Friday, July 22, 2005

New Knitting News

Things have been crazy at our house! I've been working full time, but my DH is staying home with the kids while he awaits his knee surgery. They like to call me at the office every day to tell me they are going out on the boat. GRR...just what I want to hear when I'm stuck in the office working hard (blogging). It's supposed to reach 100 degrees here this weekend, so at least I'll be out there with them on the lake when it's that hot outside. Other than that I'd rather be inside in the air conditioning working hard (wishing I were knitting).

My Soleil tank came off the blocking board this morning and will make its grand debut on Sunday at church. It's my first official completed garment. WOOHOO!!! I'll post pictures ASAP.

I made a Sophie bag this week in a gorgeous purple variagated wool that I purchased on ebay. I LOVED this bag! So I felted it last night - always run it through one cycle to see how fast it's going to felt. The first round it didn't felt much, so I asked my DD (5 years old) if I should quit now or keep felting. She told me to quit. I decided (in my infinite wisdom) to keep felting. I'm happy to say that DD now has a beautiful new purse that's about 6 inches long by 4 inches tall! BWAHAHA!!! I suppose I'll make myself one to match this weekend. Only I'll make mine a bit bigger!



Now I'm left wondering why on earth I have such expensive yarn tastes...if only I could win the lottery! All I can say is it's a good thing there are no LYS in our little town of 2000 or surrounding areas. I would be in the poor house for sure! :)

3 Comments:

  • Can't wait to see the finished pics!

    By Blogger Kathy, at 1:24 PM  

  • Your blog is coming along nicely!
    Can't wait to see some photos!!

    By Blogger Mz Mar, at 8:30 PM  

  • Wellcome to the blog paradise

    By Blogger Ulla, at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home